KWEA Stormwater Committee
Objectives and Goals
The Kansas Water Environment Association Stormwater Committee’s objective is to provide leadership and advocate for effective stormwater management by supporting stormwater professionals, promoting innovation in the field, supporting policies that recognize the importance of implementing sound management principles, encouraging communication and outreach with the public and decision-makers, and collaborating with organizations and groups to advance the field. Additionally, the Committee will provide a forum for KWEA members to discuss and review stormwater regulatory issues on the local, state, and federal levels.
Activities and Duties
The Stormwater Committee shall conduct, but not be limited to, the following activities:
- Meet throughout the year as necessary to provide a forum for discussion of stormwater issues affecting the membership as well as information sharing for MS4 permit compliance.
- Provide articles and information relating to stormwater for publication in Splashings.
- In conjunction with the appropriate committees, represent KWEA to KDHE and EPA on matters regarding stormwater quality and NPDES permit programs that affect municipalities.
- Facilitate a technical track at the KWEA Annual Conference with a focus on stormwater issues of interest to the membership.
- Provide support and assistance to the membership in explaining water environment regulations to local communities and governing bodies.