KWEA Municipal Tech Transfer Committee
Objectives and Goals
The Kansas Water Environment Association Municipal Technology Transfer Committee’s principal objective is to provide a forum for KWEA members to discuss and review technology advances for systems and facilities to treat municipal wastewater. The Committee endeavors to maintain an awareness of all advances in treatment technologies applicable to municipal wastewater systems of the State, provide educational information to KWEA members that relate to municipal treatment issues and technologies, and maintain a forum for discussion of municipal treatment issues.
Activities and Duties
The Municipal Technology Transfer Committee shall conduct, but not be limited to, the following activities:
- Meet at least four (4) times per year to provide a forum for discussion of municipal issues.
- Apprise the KWEA Board of municipal treatment and water quality issues that the Committee feels the KWEA membership should be aware of.
- Facilitate one technical track at the KWEA Annual Conference with a focus on municipal management issues.
- Provide input to the mini-conference(s), focusing on new advances in treatment technology that would be of interest to operators and maintenance specialists.
- Assist with soliciting vendors and exhibitors for the annual and specialty conferences.
- Provide articles and information relating to municipal management issues for publication in Splashings.
- Complete quarterly reports and submit them to the board liaison by the end of each quarter.
- Complete and submit an annual report to the Vice President on the committee's activities at least 30 days prior to the annual meeting. The Vice President will compile the committee annual reports, distribute them to the Board, and turn them over to the new Vice President for use in assessing changes for the next program year.