Laboratory Analyst Excellence Award
The Water Environment Federation Board of Directors established this award in 1993 to recognize individuals for outstanding performance, professionalism and contributions to the water quality analysis profession.
KWEA may name an outstanding laboratory analyst to be honored with this award every year.
- Must be a member of the Water Environment Federation.
- Candidate must be employed at an educational facility laboratory or industrial, commercial, or municipal laboratory that performs wastewater-related analysis, and must have direct analytical responsibilities.
- Candidates are eligible for this award only once.
- Qualifying criteria may include:
- Membership and involvement in professional associations. Examples: WEF Committees, Standard Methods Joint Task Groups, MA committees and conferences and conference activities.
- Outstanding efforts in the area of wastewater and environmental aquatic analysis, including such items as innovative sampling techniques or solutions to a treatment, analytical or environmental problem.
- Involvement in community activities or public relations.
- Presentations at professional conferences, meetings, etc. relevant to water quality analysis.
- Professional certifications.
- Continuing education.
- Contributions that have been beneficial to the nominee's facility.
- Unusual initiative or performance beyond the call of duty.
Nominations are accepted from KWEA members. Members should submit a one-page biography of their selection and reasons why they feel the person is deserving of this prestigious award.
The KWEA Laboratory Analyst Selection Committee consists of the last three recipients of the award. The most senior of the last recipients is the Chairperson of the Committee.
Past Recipients of This Prestigious Award
|1999||Sok Ping Lee|